Having beautiful skin is something we all strive for but sometimes it’s time-consuming and difficult to commit to a routine. The key is to have a skin cleansing regime that becomes second nature. There are many factors that can improve your skin for the better, you just have to find the one that works best for you. Lets go over some tips for skin care that will have you looking fresh in no time.
Plastic Surgeon Birmingham AL – 5 Tips for Great Looking Skin
5 Tips for Great Looking Skin
1. Protect Your Skin from the Sun – The first and most important tip is to always protect your skin from sun damage. Sunburns will cause uneven pigmentation, aging and in worst case scenarios skin cancer . If you are out in the sun you must always protect your skin with sunscreen. Even if you are not in direct sunlight during the day it is important to use moisturizing lotions, makeup and lip balm that have an SPF. It is advised you use SPF 30 or above. Our favorite product is Intellishade Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen – no one should be without it!
2. Moisturize Every Day – It’s best to moisturize every morning and every night and to find a lotion with ingredients that have skin repairing qualities. It is also essential to moisturize each night before bed to ensure you cleanse your skin of unwanted residue it has been exposed to all day. This will help your skin repair itself and retain moisture overnight.
3. Get Enough Sleep – A good nights sleep is crucial for the body and the skin. While sleeping your skin has a chance to repair itself. Most people need at least 7 hours of interrupted sleep each night. Also make sure to clean your face before bed to remove makeup and dirt as this will eliminate the clogging of pores.
4. Eat Healthy – Sodium and sugar are known to cause unwanted skin issues. Sodium can make facial skin look puffy while the breakdown of sugar actually harms collagen. Instead of diet soda, opt for hot or iced herbal tea. To reduce the amount of sugar you consume try eating low glycemic whole grain carbohydrates instead of refined grains.
5. Yoga – Yoga is actually great for your skin as it improves circulation which distributes oxygen to your skin. Yoga also has other added health benefits and it is great for your overall health.
Cotter Plastic Surgery has several skincare products and treatments that will work with most skin types and may be the perfect fit for you!
Call us today to learn more (205) 664-4630.